FIXED BIKES > CONVERTING INTO FIXED GEAR MODE
Tools: a wrench #15 and a wrench #10.
Put the bike upside down resting on the handlebar and saddle:
- Unscrew the small nuts (chain tensioner) behind the rear wheel hub.
- Unscrew the large nuts that block, on both sides, the rear hub to the dropout.
- Unthread the rear wheel to disengage the chain.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Reverse the sides of the rear wheel, so that you can hook the chain to the freewheel cog.
- Insert the wheel and fix the chain to the freewheel cog.
- Screw the small nut on the side of the chain to tension the chain as well.
- Screw the small nut on the other side for about the same magnitude as one of the side chain.
With one hand, rotate the rear wheel and stay on the back of the bike, in a position that allows you to evaluate whether the wheel is centered or not.
To assess the best centering, observe on both sides how the distance of the wheel varies from the forks, while the wheel turns.
Depending on what you have observed, adjust the center acting on the small nut screwed to last (so, it’s NOT the one tending the chain).
When the wheel is centered, tighten the large nuts that hold the hub to the dropouts; these nuts must be strongly tightened.
Put the bike with the wheels resting normally on the ground:
Point the bike with the front wheel against a wall, so that the bike is blocked. With both your hands, push very strongly on the pedals, as if you wanted to rotate the pedals forward. In this way, you will tighten further the rear cog, shouldn’t it be already completely tightened.
For your safety, we RECOMMEND you to ask a bicycles technician to convert your single speed into fixed gear mode.
MARGOT SINGLE SPEED UK IN A NUTSHELL
● High quality ● Handmade and designed in Italy ● Light weight (~23 pounds) ● Shipped from Italy ● Delivered in 4 days ● Shipping costs to GB £60 ●
● 90% assembled ● Freewheel and fixed gear (flip-flop hub) ● Delivered freewheel ● Front and rear brake equipped ●
● 2 years warranty ● Return policy ● Credit cards ● Paypal verified ● Direct bank transfer accepted ●
The matching of colours and the choice of design, materials, components and their unique mix is realised in Italy. Enjoy a Margot Cycling fixed urban bike!