FIXED BIKES > DIRECTIONS TO ASSEMBLE
Tools required: wrench #15 and Allen key set.
1. ASSEMBLING THE FRONT WHEEL: loose the nuts on both sides of the front wheel and place the wheel in the fork. Screw and tighten adequately both nuts with the wrench.
2. ASSEMBLING THE HANDLEBAR: with an Allen wrench, remove from the stem the plate that will lock the handlebar. Insert the handlebar and lock it with the plate by tightening the screws with the Allen key. The brakes are already fully connected and require no intervention.
3. ASSEMBLING THE SEAT: fix the end of the seatpost tube to the saddle. Plug the other end of the seatpost in the seat tube and tighten the seatpost clamp with an Allen wrench. Adjust the angle of the saddle and tighten the underneath screw.
4. ASSEMBLING THE PEDALS: the right pedal (denoted by "R") spins clockwise as every common screw device. The left pedal (denoted by "L") spins counter-clockwise, so that it remains tight while pedaling.
VERY IMPORTANT: screw each pedal COMPLETELY JUST BY HAND without using any mechanical key. The screwing is slidable. Should the pedal jam, it means that the thread of the pedal is not matching properly the crank. In such a case, unscrew completely and screw again JUST BY HAND.
Eventually, when you have screwed the pedal COMPLETELY by hand, you MUST tighten it with the mechanical key. If, BEFORE using the key, the pedal has been screwed by hand until the end indeed, when using the key, you will still have to screw, at most, half a turn or less than a turn.
The above steps are simple, but we RECOMMEND you to ask a bicycles technician to assemble your bike.
The professional assembly will activate your warranty.
- Check that the brakes tension is correct and the pads are aligned with the braking surface (the part of the rim close to the tire).
- Inflate the tires.
It is NOT necessary to lubricate. At most, use a SMALL amount of lubricant for the rotating parts (we recommend lithium based grease).
MARGOT SINGLE SPEED UK IN A NUTSHELL
● High quality ● Handmade and designed in Italy ● Light weight (~23 pounds) ● Shipped from Italy ● Delivered in 4 days ● Shipping costs to GB £60 ●
● 90% assembled ● Freewheel and fixed gear (flip-flop hub) ● Delivered freewheel ● Front and rear brake equipped ●
● 2 years warranty ● Return policy ● Credit cards ● Paypal verified ● Direct bank transfer accepted ●
The matching of colours and the choice of design, materials, components and their unique mix is realised in Italy. Enjoy a Margot Cycling fixed urban bike!